Jun 15, 2012

Food Battle 6 - Cold Cut Sandwiches


Subway v/s Tastes

When someone use the term fresh food, one usually think of the non-fatty sandwiches which are mostly cold cuts and other sides such as salads. However we will keep this trend about the sandwiches found on campus therefore, I will not cover salad in this section.

Subway and Tastes are the common places for cold cuts. Subway is a fast-food chain outlet while I believe Tastes is private-owned. Both Subway and Tastes are different in many ways and in my opinion the latter has such a funny name. Its official name is Tastes Healthy Foods and is so generic. As opposed to Subway which sells solely cold cuts sandwiches, Tastes offer students a wider variety of non fried products. They even have rice, soups, ice cream and frozen yogurts as desserts - a perfect "healthy eatery" place of all kinds.


Subway

For me Subway defines my university days
This place is always open even on holidays

Like Treats, they have restricted form of payment
Which surely did not bring me lots of enjoyment
I recommend meatball marinara as it is so tasty
Although after eating that I got very thirsty
Two sizes only; a foot long or six inches
Which I had on my several "dunches"

Something funny: before a bread is sent to bake 
I don't know why it looks like a snake


Tastes

Upon coming you'll notice the employees' greeting
They almost sound as if they were singing

The owners are always in a happy mood 
And Tastes is the place for cheapest food
There are fewer sandwiches on its menu list
But dinner combos with pop or soup does exist
Unlike Subway, Tastes allows debit card for payment
And for many students it is like a glorious moment

It is definitely a good place to go for lunch or dinner
Go with friends or take it to go if you are a loner


These are the two places I go when it comes to eat "Fresh." Subway is good but the problem was its restricted form of payment which is similar to Treats. I have not tried Tastes' frozen yogurt or ice cream because I am not too fond of these desserts although in my undergrad, I saw many students go there just for these desserts. Apparently the desserts cost much cheaper than other places which is true but in terms of quality, I will not be able to tell.


Subway

Price $ $
Quality ★★
Atmosphere ★★☆
Service ★★☆
Revisit Factor ★★


Tastes

Price
$
Quality
★★★
Atmosphere
★★★
Service
★★★
Revisit Factor
★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment