Jun 6, 2012

Food Battle 2 - Chicken Sandwiches


KFC v/s Popeye's Chicken

It's lunch time and one has a dilemma; which food place to pick from; there are so many to have places lunch. Fortunately if one is fond of or have a diet restricted to chicken, it is not a problem at all. Indeed there are many places which offer chicken products on campus. However two fast-food chains have built a solid reputation on campus based on chicken products.

They are the world's famous - Kentucky Fried Chicken and the one growing in popularity - Popeye's Chicken. Both places do not operate until 10 a.m. but when they do, the cashiers always have a hard time to deal with the long line especially in the weekdays. Both taste very different from each other yet offer fried chicken whether à la carte or as a combo meal and many other possible other menus.



KFC

An attractive menu that have left me shaken
Tasty indeed, but it has definitely left me broken

One of the few places which allow free drinks refill
But from there, everything is going downhill
Besides their fries, other sides were never appealing
Coleslaw and other salads left me hair-pulling
They have the double-down which appears small
But eating it always feels like eating an oddball 

Closing as early as 10 p.m sharp as I failed to score
I do not think I will come here anymore


Popeye's Chicken

Unlike its counterpart, Popeye's is different
But nevertheless it still leaves me indifferent

Its irregular-shaped buns are cute-looking 
But their chicken left me choking
Too much fat underneath the chicken's skin
Which require more than their already oily napkin
À la carte chicken comes in mild or spicy
Mild is okay but spicy is a delicacy

Chicken Bowl is the best combo on the menu lists
Eaten with a spork; a utensil hard to believe it exists


To be honest I have rarely taken lunch on campus because I had almost all of my classes between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m consequently lunch is always delayed. I liked Popeye's Chicken slightly better despite being not so healthy. While KFC offers Pepsi products, Popeye's Chicken offers its rival; that is Coca Cola products and Popeye's does not include free refill. As I mentioned their Chicken Bowl is the best thing Popeye's Chicken offers and most of the time it is the one that I order. It comes with rice, beans, grated cheese and some chicken strips cut into small pieces. I only wish that one day I will be able to prepare my own Chicken Bowl.


KFC

Price
$ $
Quality
★★★☆☆
Atmosphere
★★☆☆☆
Service
★★★★☆
Revisit Factor
★★☆☆☆


Popeye's Chicken

Price
$ $
Quality
★★★☆☆
Atmosphere
★★☆☆☆
Service
★★★★☆
Revisit Factor
★★★☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment