Jun 4, 2012

Food Battle 1 - Bagels


The Great Canadian Bagel v/s Treats Coffee Emporium

Another morning just started, as one wakes up for breakfast with only a few places open at that time of the day. But one is in a hurry for early morning classes, one could go to another place and order a traditional breakfast known as The Big Breakfast."

This "big breakfast" meal consists of 2 slices of toasted bread with or without butter, 2 sausages or bacon strips, 2 eggs to the person's style and 2 hash-browns. Despite being highly appealing, it takes quite some time for the order to be processed and to be ready. Therefore it is not what one will be looking forward on a hasty morning. What one needs is breakfast on the go. It needs to be ready very quickly while being cheap and fulfilling. One possibility are the bagels from either The Great Canadian Bagel or Treats Coffee Emporium.


The Great Canadian Bagel

Those bagels are not as cheap as I expected
And as I pay I always feel cheated 

They do things very fast almost like an assembly line
Perfect when I am in a hurry or on deadline
One can pick from a wide array of topping
Enough for some top notch advertising
Same goes for bagel choices; anything you need
Whole-grain, plain, herb, cheese, poppy, sesame seed 

A decent place for breakfast in the morning
But eating bagels all day will be surely frightening 


Treats Coffee Emporium

Bagels for breakfast at Treats are the cheapest
As I wonder whether this bagel place is the best

As expected, they process orders at a very fast pace
Maybe something they learnt from another place
However the choice of bagels are restricted
Which at times have left me dejected
It feels like a greenhouse with to lots of windows
Sitting, eating while watching other hasty fellows

However it does fail and with a big crash
 I can only pay using meal plan card and cash

Breakfast on campus is definitely one unique experience. I ate at those bagel places but somehow I would still prefer "The Big Breakfast" which unfortunately is not served at these two places. But regarding to bagels alone, the difference in prices vary between about $1 or $2 but when you compare the wide array of choices that The Great Canadian Bagel offers, it is no wonder. Both of them offer coffee for around $1.50 extra which I always pass. "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day" my parents always tell me, it is true but as long as I can get myself some cereals and milk, I can say goodbye to bagels.


The Great Canadian Bagel

Price
$
Quality
★★★★☆
Atmosphere
★★★☆☆
Service
★★★☆☆
Revisit Factor
★★★☆☆


Treats Coffee Emporium

Price $
Quality ★★★☆☆
Atmosphere ★★★☆☆
Service ★★☆☆☆
Revisit Factor ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment