Jun 8, 2012

Food Battle 3 - "Mexican" Cusine


Z-Teca v/s Taco Bell

To my great surprise their specialty namely the burrito served at these two places are not even Mexican food despite the Mexican name. Instead I was told by some of my Mexican as well as South American friends that they are "an Americanised Mexican version" of the burrito.

However despite being not authentic, it was my first attempt at something new compared to other foods I could have in my homeland. Both places have other "Americanised Mexican version" food types like the taco whether hard or soft shell. In general, burritos are just the classic order, tacos are like the mini version of it and much cheaper. Together, we can called these toasted wraps in case someone cannot pronounce the word "burrito" which is very likely. But what's not authentic you might ask. In the genuine Mexican and South American version, burritos do not contain rice and that is what my friends were complaining about.


 Z-Teca

Z-teca's burritos are both huge and filling
But my wallet becomes thin and dwindling

Typically served on white or whole-wheat
You pick your protein and additional topping to eat
They have very good deals on special occasion
And on these days it is quite hard to make a decision
Mild, medium or spicy, all have different ingredients
Satisfying most of its possible clients

Sadly I already know that it is not Mexican food
But when hungry it will restore the happy mood


Taco Bell

Unlike Z-Teca, Taco Bell's burrito are lame
Adjoined with KFC, it might share the blame

Inexpensive and having a strange look
That's one huge miss off their notebook
They have so little fillings and still of poor quality
That I cannot believe I ate this oddity
I could have shown some kindness
But Taco Bell is the definition of cheapness

It is a quick lunch or snack on the go
This is why they haven't seen me a long time ago


Sadly these are the two places that offer these "Americanised Mexican" food. Formerly there was a better place both in terms of money and quality and it was a place called Taco Villa. They were "Americanised Mexican" food just like the two mentioned above. Closed down for unknown reasons, Taco Villa was indeed the best despite having foods of comparable price as that of Z-Teca. Additionally they had fries with melted cheese which tasted so good.


Z-Teca

Price
$ $
Quality
★★★☆☆
Atmosphere
★★★☆☆
Service
★★★☆☆
Revisit Factor
★★★☆☆


Taco Bell

Price
$
Quality
★☆☆☆☆
Atmosphere
★★☆☆☆
Service
★★★☆☆
Revisit Factor
★★☆☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment