Jul 2, 2012

Money, Money, Money - The Canadian Dollar


"Money don't grow on trees" my parents say to me all time. But won't it be fun it were real. Okay let's talk about money for a while because I believe that it is quite an interesting topic. Money has always been present since the middle ages with trade. In the first university business course; particularly economics, money was known as the power of buying and selling. We use money everyday, or even every second money is involved in various ways.
But let's think of it for a moment, because there are many inequalities in the financial world. Currency is what makes the difference. If all countries of the world had the same currency there will never be a distinction about rich and poor countries. With currency there is comparison. Is it a good or a bad thing? 

There are many currencies around the world and I used. Each one of them was unique and because of this I cannot really tell which one is the best currency to use. These different currencies I used are notably:

- Canadian Dollar (CAD / $)
- Deutsch Mark (DEM / DM)
- Euro (EUR / €)
- French Franc (FRF / ₣)
- Great Britain Pound Sterling (GBP / £)
- Hong Kong Dollar (HKD / $)
- Mauritian Rupee (MUR / Rs)
- Singaporean Dollar (SGD / $)

In this blog, I will write about the currency I am currently using and have been using over the past years; the Canadian Dollar (CAD / $). I will cover the coins and the notes as well as how each one of them has been used in my life, its appearance, its buying power, its everyday usage by myself and society as a whole and more. If you want a more detailed history of the Canadian dollar, you can check wikipedia; it covers a lot about its history and other details I did not cover but here I am giving my personal impressions of this currency so I might be a bit biased about each on of them. However I will try my best to be as fair as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment