Jul 27, 2012

The 100 CAD - $100

The 100 CAD - $100

Our journey ends with the 100 CAD or $100 dollar bill. It is the largest denomination in Canadian dollars and as the name suggest, it is worth $100. It has a bizarre chocolate brown colour and I have not been able to analyse it closely because I never had it. I can only guess that holding a $100 bill must make one feel rich.

Indeed with $100 almost all the high class restaurants become available. I have seen total bills amounting over $100 but I have never seen a meal on its own costing between $50 and $100. Even the top notch restaurants I have been to do not have dishes costing over $50.

The only unfortunate side of the $100 bill is that it is not readily accepted as payment. Not that it is not legal tender but I assume it has lot of issues about counterfeits.

No comments:

Post a Comment