Jul 18, 2012

The 5 CAD - $5

The 5 CAD - $5

The first bank note in the series is the $5 bill. In my first management course at university we learnt so much about the Canadian paper money and it was quite an interesting topic. However, I am not going to give a history course of the money but just like coins I will give my personal opinions about the banknotes.

First thing I noticed about the Canadian banknotes is that unlike coins, they have no inconsistencies in their size. They do not increase in size either unlike other currencies such as the Euro. However they have different people representing each bank note as well as different back image. The $5 bill is blue in colour similar to the 20 bill. ufortunately I am not going to cover unless I know what I will talk about.

With $5 in hand you could get quite something on campus. It is sad that it is the minimum amount you need to charge up the card. That can be quite a large sum of money since it is worth 50 sheets of paper printed in black and white. However the only convenience for those who are in favour of this new system would argue that one will not have to top up too often. To me this is just a concealed way to lock your money in a card.

As far as food is concerned, you could get cheap food with $5 but I doubt a combo meal. These cheap foods could include muffins, cookies, soups and sandwich of the day at tastes. As for combo meals I can only imagine bagel with cheese with coffee, the big breakfast and hot dog or sausage at a hot dog stand with canned pop. These hot dogs alone cost $3 while sausages which is probably tastier cost $4. The same combo costed $1 less about two years ago; again showing the hike affected the food sector as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment